I’m a playwright, poet, fiction writer & performer and teach writing in the community, prisons, university, adult education, & the NHS.
My chapbook April’s Fish was published by Koo Press and my short fiction has been published including by Virago and has featured on BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio Wales. In 2012 I was a finalist in the Novelicious novel competition.
- Play, Girls with Balls themed around women’s football in the 1920’s performed at Curve’s Inside Out festival (May 2015)
- Selected as one of New Perspectives Emerging Playwrights 2014/15 developed a play The Bonemill which toured rurally in May 2015
- Writer on Spark Festival/1448 Takeover, writing with young people to produce four new plays for performance.
- Touring ACE funded poetry show Three The Hard Way
- Developing a full length script ‘Synchro’ for Gazebo Theatre, Wolverhampton to tour nationally in 2016.
- Writer for 1448 Leicester, Wolverhampton June 2015, director Leicester November 2015
October 2014 – Bibliotherapist at HMP Leicester & facilitator for Death and Some Poems
October 2014 – Mentoring David Parkin as part of his Arts Council funded project The Next Life
August/September 2014 – Mentoring Peter Hirst as part of his Arts Council funded project Moving InWards
July/August 2014 – Mentoring David Parkin as part of his Arts Council funded project The Next Life
May 2014 – writer on KliC Theatre’s 5×5 project bringing 5 new short plays to the Y Theatre Leicester
May 2014 – writer ‘Simon’s Birthday’ (with two other writers) for production by Original Ink and Scufflebox Theatre Company for performance Upstairs at the Western, Leicester’s Pub Theatre, in June 2014.
March 2014 – writer, 1448 Leicester
January – present: ukulele beginner’s tutor for WEA Leicester.
December 2013- March 2014: facilitator for Heather Ward, Bradgate Mental Health Unit, Wellbeing Project, ukulele playing and songwriting
November 2013 – Jan 2014: facilitator for Bradgate Writers’ ‘Life Write’ project October 2013: mentor for Creative Leicestershire